Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What I Stand For

Hello to all my readers and thank you for giving me a chance. As my first post I really wanted to let you guys know exactly what it is I plan to do with my blog. This is meant to inspire people into living better, healthier lives and helping others do the same. I am a very honest person, some even might say a bit too honest so be prepared for that. I'm also a horrible speller, eel free to correct me in the comments section. I want to be completely transparent with you guys. So here goes nothing...

First, a little about me. I'm only 21, but I have been through a lot in my 21 years of life. I'd like to believe that all my past struggles were meant to help me help others in similar situations. I'm married and I have a 2 year old son that I love more than anything and a husband that is there for me through thick and thin. I've got two older brothers that are not exactly walking the strait and narrow and two younger that I hope to be able to inspire to lead better lives. I'm not perfect. I'm sure we all can admit to that. But I want to get as close as I can to it and help others do the same. This is in no way a religious blog, but being a religious person myself, I'm bound to say some religious things sometimes. Please don't take offense, it's just what I believe in and it's totally ok if your disagree. 

Like I said, I originally decided to start this blog to inspire people. I feel that society has declined in a lot of important ways. In fact, I used to get really depressed over it. I'd wake up and see the way people treated each other and even themselves. Treating their bodies like trash cans and toys for other people's use. seeing the rise in popularity of videoing people fighting instead of trying to promote problem solving and self control. Judging people by the shoes they wear and the size of their homes. Watching the outcome of yet another shooting on the news and realizing the government has an agenda to help themselves rather than the people. Being a mother, it's a heavy burden to think that my son will have to grow up in this kind of environment. So much to the point that I've considered homeschooling him.
 The original title of my blog site was going to be "Be Above Society". But then I thought about it, and although we really do need to shake a lot of "modern society" out of our systems, what would be even better is to reshape society instead. How can we really improve our own lives without also improving others'? So I'm going to talk (with a chance of ranting) about small and big changes we can all make to better our own lives, and hopefully someone else's in the process. I don't care about my blog stats or popularity, because as long as one person reads this and changes for the better, I'm doing a heck of a lot better than if I were doing nothing. I know I'm not perfect and neither are you, so lets try to get there together.

No comments:

Post a Comment